Thursday, April 21, 2011

SourceBooks Authors and Giveaway

Linda Wisdom Interview, Author of Demons are a Girl’s Best Friend


1. Tell us a little bit about your current release, Demons are a Girl’s Best Friend.
LW: This book takes a bit of a darker turn and an urban fantasy feel with witch Maggie O’Malley as a sort of police officer for the preternatural and what happens when she meets up with hot half fire demon Declan and they’re thrown together having to stop the culmination of an ancient Mayan curse that could destroy the world. Think Practical Magic meets Indiana Jones.

2. What is your favorite thing about being a romance writer?
LW: It’s so much fun to weave what’s in my imagination into a story that other people read.

3. If you could be a shapeshifter, what form would you take and why?
LW: Tough question! I’m a major dog person, so maybe a Yorkie. I still remember the scene in Supernatural where Dean’s running from the hellhound that turns out to be a Yorkie. I want to be that kind of Yorkie. :}

4. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
LW: Hm, probably making my characters listen to me. They prefer going their other way and ignore anything I say. The trouble is, they’re generally right!

5. Please share with us your future projects and upcoming releases.
LW: I have another book coming out next January, A Demon Does It Better, which features healer Lili who’s been mentioned in previous books. I’m also working on some young adult urban fantasies along with putting up my backlist books as ebooks at Amazon, BN, and other sites. I have several books up already and more to come.


DEMONS ARE A GIRL’S BEST FRIEND BY LINDA WISDOM – IN STORES APRIL 2011

A Bewitching Woman on a Mission…


Feisty witch Maggie enjoys her work as a paranormal law enforcement officer—that is, until she’s assigned to protect a teenager with major attitude and plenty of Mayan enemies. Maggie’s never going to survive this assignment without the help of a half-fire demon who makes her smolder…


A Hotter-Than-Sin Hero with an Agenda…


Declan is a proprietor of an underground club and busy demon portal. No way he’ll allow his demon race to be blamed for the malicious acts of some crazy evil Mayans. But he’s already got his hands full when the sexy witch offers him a challenge he can’t refuse…


ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Linda Wisdom has published more than 70 novels with 13 million copies sold worldwide. Her bestselling books have been nominated for RT Book Reviews awards and the RWA RITA Award. She recently won the RT Book Reviews Career Achievement Award for Hex in High Heels. Linda lives with her husband in Murrieta, California, where she is working on her next book, A Demon Does it Better, set to release in January 2012. For more information, please visit http://www.lindawisdom.com/ .

*All comments are entered for a chance to win a print book prize pack including Demon's Are aa Girl's Best Friend*

22 comments:

  1. Ms Wisdom, To say that I enjoyed this story just doesn't quite wrap it up. It was wonderful :) Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shapeshifting Yorkie--that would be one big Yorkie if we're to maintain the law of physics--I've never seen one that weighed over 13 pounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo I just LOVE a good Demon story. So hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms Wisdom, Do you find it difficult to create your "alien" characters and describe them in enough detail so that the readers can visualize your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like an enjoyable read. Thanks for the chance to win it.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Romance Reader!

    Hi Emma, I have a mini Schnauzer and I know he'd be shapeshifting into something big because he'd flat out want to.

    Sara, we gotta love the hot demons!

    Hi Anonymous, My creatures tend to pop into my head fully formed. I see them the same way you see a movie, so I just describe what's inside my demented mind. Most of them hang around after the book is finished.

    I hope you give it a try booklover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda, love the books, but the new cover will look a bit strange sitting next to the others in the series. I'd love to add this one to the collection. Bright Blessings.

    www.noraadrienne.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda -- awesome story, as always!

    Pam S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nora. I know what you mean about the covers. My publisher felt these new covers fit the series better. It's still the same series, just a different look and titles.

    Thanks Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda
    I am a new fan - I've just finished reading 50 Ways To Hex Your Lover, & starting Hex Appeal. I cant wait to read DEMONS ARE A GIRL’S BEST FRIEND!
    How do you pick your characters names?
    ~Dreama

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dreama, I'm sure a psychiatrist would have a field day with me :} but it's as if the characters name themselves. A couple names were courtesy of friends who suggested them, but most popped into my head.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda
    I just read your answer "My creatures tend to pop into my head fully formed. I see them the same way you see a movie, so I just describe what's inside my demented mind. Most of them hang around after the book is finished. "

    I'd love to know what was going on in reality that day and in your mind that prompted the invention of Fluff & Puff & Tyge Foulshadow? LOL
    ~Dreama

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda
    As I said I am a new fan. I am a quadriplegic and until the invention of e-books I wasnt able to read much. Im not really a fan of audio books. I just feel it took away from my reading experience & inhibited my 'seeing' the characters & events in my mind.
    Will you be making all of your past & future books available as e-books?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dreama, I have an urban fantasy novella and two of my backlist books up as ebooks now. Brady's Hellion, Midnight Lady, and O'Hara Vs Wilder. I own a great many of my backlist books and working to put all of them up. You can find their covers at my website. Plus Harlequin has put up three of my Intimate Moments as ebooks. www.lindawisdom.com I can understand why you'd prefer an ebook over audio since I would think a reader's voice would mess with your visualization.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda
    I am looking foward to reading all of them! Can't wait!
    Kudos to you for being so easily accessible & friendly to your fans and doing these types of things! (So many dont or they bother to respond!) It's been great hearing from you!
    Have a good evening!
    Stay Demented! LOL
    ~Dreama

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another mile stone interview, Linda. Just great. Love hearing about your "doggy tales". Looking forward to the best of readings coming from your fantastic imagination. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Dreama. I can also be contacted through my website. The demented part is easy. Fluff and Puff wouldn't have it any other way!

    Thanks Joy! I'm so glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the title. Did you come up with it?
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this series Linda!!! :)

    Aren't you self-publishing one of the Hexy witch books?

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Debby. No my editor and the marketing dept. came up with it.

    LOL Lisa! Yes, I am. I'll be putting Thea's book up.

    And no, I didn't ask Lisa to mention it. She did it her own lil ole self. :}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Linda Wisdom is one of my all time favorite authors. Her writing makes my imagination come to life!
    writer@telltales.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks TurtleDoveCoo! You've made my morning.

    ReplyDelete