Monday, October 25, 2010

The Guitarist and the Professor

The lead characters in Backstage Pass, Brian Sinclair and Dr. Myrna Evans, join us today on Seriously Reviewed for an exclusive interview!


SR: We’re happy to have you both here this morning, would you care to introduce yourselves?

Myrna: I’m Doctor Myrna Evans—

Brian: You can call her Professor Sex. That’s what we call her.
Myrna: Brian!

Brian: What? It’s the truth, isn’t it?

Myrna: As I was trying to say, I’m Doctor Myrna Evans and I’m currently on tour with Sinners. I’m a human sexuality professor doing a research project on band groupie psychology. I’m getting fascinating results so far, but I’m still looking for research participants. That’s why I’m here today. To ask women to join my study. If you go into an insatiable frenzy of lust in the presence of rock stars—

Brian: Like you?

Myrna: You are trying to get yourself in trouble today, aren’t you?

Brian: I was hoping you’d keep me after class, professor.

Myrna: Keep on hoping, Sinclair. Are you going to introduce yourself or not?

Brian: Brian Sinclair, lead guitarist of Sinners. I’m currently on tour with my band to promote our last album. Hope to see you in the crowd. We always have a great time when we perform live.

Myrna: The guys put on an amazing show.

Brian: Myrna’s a closet groupie.

Myrna: Stop, Brian. I mean it.

SR: I’ve heard great things about Sinners’ concerts, Brian, and a few wild stories about what goes on backstage afterwards. Can you tell me when Sinners’ next album will be coming out?

Brian: I had a bit of dry patch in my composing for a while there, but thanks to Myrna, I’ve been writing a lot of new guitar music recently. As soon as Sinners takes a break from touring, we plan to get into the studio and record some tracks. The new stuff is fantastic. I can’t wait for the fans to hear it. If all goes according to plan, we should have a new album out next year.

SR: Awesome! But what do you mean ‘thanks to Myrna’? Is she a composer as well as a professor?

Brian: Not exactly. She just encourages my creativity. Often. She’s my muse. In order to spark that creativity, I have to be buried insi—

Myrna: Brian! This isn’t the place to bring that up.

Brian: I’m always up around you, Myr.

SR: Do I need to leave you two alone?

Myrna: No, he’s going to behave now.

Brian: No promises.

SR: Myrna how did you end up on tour with Sinners? A professor on tour with a rock band seems like an unusual situation.

Myrna: I came up with the idea for the groupie study at a Sinners concert. When the project got funded, I asked the guys if I could tag along with them while they were on tour. They agreed.

Brian: There was a little more to it than that.

SR: Did you know the band beforehand? Or did you randomly ask Sinners to participate because they’re known to have a lot of eager female fans?

Myrna: I had met them previously.

Brian: You might say that. She knew me. More than once.

Myrna: Do you want to ride back to the tour bus in the trunk of my car?

SR: Are you two seriously dating or something? You bicker like an old married couple.

Brian: You might say that.

Myrna: No, we’re not. Please, don’t encourage him.

Brian: She doesn’t want me.

Myrna: I never said that. You know I want you.

Brian: I think you should remind me.

SR: Umm, okay. I do think I need to leave you two alone. Would you mind not doing that on my desk, please?

Brian: Sorry. We’ve got to go. Like right now.

Myrna: Mmm-hmm.

SR: Thanks for answering my questions. Myrna will be outside behind the concert venue tonight interviewing groupies for her study. She’d appreciate your participation. If you tell her you learned about her study on Seriously Reviewed, she might be able to hook you up with a backstage pass. If you’re lucky, you can meet Brian and the other sexy guys of Sinners. Though I do think Brian might be taken.

13 comments:

  1. Can I trade in my Jodi Suxsed pass for one of Myr's? Hysterical and hot. Love Sinners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do love the Sinners! The book is hot and hilarious, and I can hardly wait to read the next one as well (I'm a totally Sed's Slut). But Brian is such a sweetie (and very yummy as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good heavens. If Brian is any indication of what the rest of the guys in the band is like, I am really looking forward to meeting them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when Myrna tries to be the adult. Em, yeah.

    This is one HAWT read, a must have in my not so humble opinion.

    Can't wait for Rock Hard - no I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HILARIOUS VERY IMAGINATIVE ,,, SEXXXY ,CUTE ,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's just say I've read the book a few times and was impressed there was a spot not dogeared and ratty for Olivia to sign.

    I'm proud to be a Sinner's groupie. Now, how can I get groupie benefits? Hmmm? Oh Myr? Um Myrna? Damn, where did she disappear to? She was just here?

    I'm looking forward to Sed's story too. Well all of their stories.

    What a fun interview!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this interview! Funny and sexy. Terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed the interview. I would be willing to bare my soul in the name of research and a backstage pass. Yeah that's all I need and I will be a groupie too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL that interview was awesome! I am going to order Backstage Pass, like, right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these little extras! I'm reading Backstage Pass for the 4th time, and these tidbits are helping make the next 6 months bearable. C'mon April!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AlbertaJenn- Thanks! Hope you like it!

    Natasha- You ROCK! I'm glad you enjoyed it once. Four times? Careful about telling me those kinds of things. I'll end up with a Sed-Lionheart-sized ego. No one wants to see that.

    ReplyDelete