It was suggested I write about which real-life band I’d most like to join and why, but I’m going to cheat. There are dozens of bands I go into fangirl seizures over, but none of them are as perfect for me as Sinners. I took the best components of my favorite bands and compiled them into one super group.
Why is Sinners my perfect band?
First, it has five members. While there are plenty of bands out there who are awesome and have only three or four members, I prefer a band with five. Why? I like the front man to concentrate only on singing and getting the live audience excited. With few exceptions, if the front man sings and simultaneously plays an instrument, he doesn’t have time to interact much with the crowd. Again, there are exceptions (Puddle of Mudd comes to mind), but when I go to a live performance, I like the lead singer to play the audience, not an instrument. The lead singer of Sinners, Sed Lionheart, definitely knows how to work a crowd into a frenzy. I also like a band with two guitarist, one lead, one rhythm. Again, plenty of good bands out there with only one guitarist, but I like the fuller sound of two. The lead guitarist is key to a great sound. And he must, must play awesome solos. I can’t express how much I enjoy an amazing guitar solo. If it’s good enough, I forget to breathe until it’s over. Brian Sinclair plays solos that would set most guitarist’s fingers on fire. The only thing that can possibly top a great solo is having a rhythm guitarist who is skilled enough to play dueling solos with the lead guitarist. It’s one of my absolute favorite sounds, so of course, I made Sinners’ rhythm guitarist, Trey Mills, awesome. And then you have the bassist and drummer. Need both of those. No getting around it. My favorite drummers have enormous drum kits and multiple cymbals. Their drumming isn’t just rhythmic, it’s also musical. Eric Sticks fits that bill perfectly. I made him proficient at multiple instruments, because it lends to his style of drumming. Jace Seymour, the bassist, really comes alive musically in book 3, but since that book won’t be out for a year I’ll keep the spoilers to a minimum. Let’s just say bassists can solo, too.
Second, all the members of Sinners are HOT! While there’s something innately sexy about any skilled musician (they’re just so damned sensual), these guys take it to the next level. Yum, yum, and more yum! Now if only there was a real band out there where every member was drool-worthy. On second thought, I’m glad there isn’t. I’d quickly become dehydrated and need hospitalization.
Third, they’re great guys. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve admired a musician and then I see what an egotistical jerk he is in real life and I’m like, never mind... Get over yourself. But what about Sed Lionheart? you say. He’s one of Sinners and he’s an egotistical jerk! But is he? I think you’ll see him differently after you read his book, Rock Hard, in April.
Do you know what the best thing about Sinners is? I really can be a part of their band. All I have to do is read the book and I’m right there with them goofing around on the tour bus, on the stage in front of thousands, backstage doing backstagey things (hubba hubba), in the grocery store getting stalked by concerned shopkeepers, or wherever else the guys happen to be causing a ruckus. Sinners is the perfect band for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I suppose I should pose a question!
ReplyDeleteWhat's your rock 'n' roll (or other musical) fantasy?
It's fun to read about the components to your perfect band. I admit as a reader I really enjoy the fly on the wall type of things from stories regarding fame and the silly situations it may bring, as well as, the interesting viewpoint someone who is famous may have on various incidents that they must now accept as normal.
ReplyDeleteAnd something tells me Sinners will become my perfect band too!
ReplyDeleteYou should try sell the idea of a new reality TV show -- process of elimination to make Sinners a realty :)
Or a movie, can you image how hot that would be? The soundtrack alone would be kicking :)
I really can't wait to read it. I best get on with it, so I am ready for book two!
I'm already more than ready for book 2, ROCK HARD, dammit.
ReplyDeleteYou did a fine job on describing a perfect band. I'm with you on the necessary components. Papa Roach (yes I love them) and Avenged have great front men who can work the crowd and do very well.
Fantasy? Why sure I've fantasized about a singer. But then, I've fantasized about a lot of things, lol! I was part of a band many years ago so I got to see the good and the bad. But it was fun!
to be the singer of a band leading the crowd in some giant stadium all in sync with the beat of the band singinging simultaneously the lyric;s with my zippo flame open
ReplyDeleteI've always felt sorry for groupie-girls, so I don't think I can answer to the fantasies, in that way. grin
ReplyDeleteThere are vocalists I could listen to sing the phone book, add screaming guitars, a throbbing bass line and drums. Well, I'm a happy camper. Rock baby, that's me.
Sed is deeper than he first appears, which makes him even hotter. Sinners have become very real to me.
Hi Olivia. I'm with you in liking a 5 person band and a stellar rock band just has to have at least two guitar players who can rock the house. On the other hand, I'm kinda partial to bands where everybody is also a musician playing an instrument, but then again as a guitarist and singer, I might just be prejudiced. Nice post.
ReplyDeleteHi Olivia,
ReplyDeleteI hadn't really thought of what my perfect band would contain but I agree with you so totally. I love to watch the lead singer rock out with the audience, it's totally sexy. David Coverdale, David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar, (yes, I'm aging myself) leap to mind. I think I need to check out some current rock bands. What do you think?
I can't wait to get to all know The Sinners. They sound (and look) totally hot.
Lil- Interesting insight. My heroes tend to accept all the rock star stuff as "normal", but their heroines sometimes have a hard time coping with it.
ReplyDeleteJo-Anne- I think any movie made of this book would have to be rated X.
Sia- You know very well that Papa Roach and A7X concerts inspire me. Powerman 5000 and Distrubed also. I love a good front man. One who likes to have fun and get the crowd involved. Not one who makes jokes about getting drunk and high after every song. (yes, I have several examples who shall remain nameless) Really doesn't do anything for my entertainment.
geminimoon60- Are you a singer then? I can't sing worth beans.
Sherilyn- Rock on!
James- You are totally prejudice. :-) I really want to see you crowd surf. Get in there now.
aries18- I have seen David Coverdale in concert. sigh.... SEXY! Haven't seen either of the Van Halen front men, but from what I've seen of David Lee in videos, the man knows how to own a crowd.