ART GODDESS & MIA
Spent the afternoon with my copy of W magazine. Kim Kardashian is stunning. I don’t get how fertility goddess-like she is. She looks like those cartoons of sexy women I used to draw after finding Dad’s Penthouse magazines under the sink in Mom & Dad’s master bathroom. Giant nipples, deep ass crevice. The first time I saw Kim Kardashian naked was at my parents’ house. The Playboy magazine sat open on the ottoman in the family room. “Do you know this girl, Kardashian?” Mom asked me.
I know. I was uncomfortable too. But it’s not anything new with those two. I explained about Bruce Jenner and the Kardashians, and the show on E!. Then there was Mom’s monologue about big tits and asses and yes, that’s why there’s a Tay Smytheson in Cinderella Club.
I have happily married parents who have been together for fifty years. They met as tweens and married as teens. It can be a little smothering at times, so naturally I wanted my main character in my novel to have dead parents. Is that mean? The parents are still controlling from the grave and so there you have that semi-autobiographical thingy.
There’s a lot of Mia Natasha in Cinderella Club. Like Miller Smytheson, I’m a gym rat - yes, that kind of body. I’m an art historian, an artist, a fashion designer and very often, the one who cuts you off mid-sentence because I talk too much.
And now I’m a writer too. Back when I was drawing naked ladies, I was writing copy as well. My sister and I put together our own magazine and showed it to our cousins who got in trouble for it. Should I even be sharing this? Because I was only about nine years old at the time. I’m so embarrassed - wait, am I? If I can’t tell you, who can I tell?
With Cinderella Club, I went for extreme (or as some sites claim, sextreme!). I got published with eXcessica. My book has been called “not for the faint of heart” and “graphic”. There’s a rape scene or as I prefer to call it, non-consensual sex. Miller is a sexually naïve young woman with deep-rooted submissive desires. Her sex life with her boyfriend doesn’t meet her expectations and she feels guilty about that. When she’s taken to the Cinderella Club, she experiences the bondage and rough sex she’d always craved in her fantasies. It’s fantasy, you know. It’s a potent female fantasy, especially to those of us who want to be relieved of responsibility once and a while. Titillating in that safe way that books about sexy things you’re embarrassed to like can be embraced.
Titillating, hmmm. I wrote Cinderella Club as a way to explore sexual themes in my otherwise child- friendly artwork. A reporter had challenged me to think about sex in art, and the art manifested in written form. Once I started translating abstract images to the idea, it unleashed a monster. It’s like the story was hidden inside the abstract paintings all along. Cinderella Club is a 450-ish page epic and its sequel, Cinderella Thyme, is soon to follow. A grown-up version of the innocent dabbling I did at nine.
Kim Kardashian said she was honored to be a part of that particular W issue as it was the art issue. If you haven’t seen it yet, Kim’s nude figure is glazed in some sort of gold paint, her long hair blow-dried straight then curling iron curled. Her chitty-chitty bang bangs are really banging, if you like that sort of thing in your art. And we do like sex in art, don’t we?
Mia Natasha
http://mianatasha-erotica.blogspot.com/
http://excessica.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=423&osCsid=fdb2841f9495695b84b1cb05c51ec50e

Thanks for sharing. I for one love to find out how authors got their start. :)
ReplyDeleteMelissa
Awsome blog. glad to know im not the only one who found and continued to look for my dad's (& mom's) girly books. Cinderella Club sounds intriguing. cant wait to get it. !!
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting Melissa and Sarah!
ReplyDelete@ Melissa - I know, I love hearing about other authors as well, and we Excessicans are so different!
@ Sarah - and we turned out okay, right? (and all lived happily-ever-after) Hope you enjoy the book.
Hi Mia! Great post! Is Cinderella Thyme coming out any time soon or is it still in the works?
ReplyDeleteHi Gavin-
ReplyDeleteI'm still working on Cinderella Thyme. I plan to finish it by Christmas. It may be as soon as Thanksgiving, but I don't want to push it. I haven't submitted it yet and am crossing my fingers that it will have a place on the Excessica shelves.
I do have plans to publish short stories though. One, called Dr. Cockburn's Medicine, which I plan to expand, for an October 2011 release, and the other is a very unique Christmas story, which is going through a title change at the moment, for a Christmas 2011 release.