I meant to write this blog before I left for the 2010 RWA National Conference, but didn’t have time and had run out of things to say after writing over 30 blogs for the big tour. So here I am getting ready for work and I’m so pumped from having been to the big romance conference—where writers share their dreams of writing romance—that I finally have some new material to write about!
No matter where we are in the publishing process, brand new writer, pro—has submitted something for consideration either before an editor or agent, published—has actually published a story, we’re all striving for the same thing. To share our stories with the world.
This was my first, first literacy signing—and I was so excited. The line wrapped around the building as women waited hungrily to meet authors whose works they love, to receive autographed copies, and to help support literacy. I saw some of my online students, FF&P and From the Heart chapter members, fans who are writers, and fans who are readers. And even had a lot of interest from new readers to the series. Some were just local folks from Orlando who came only for the literacy signing and bought MY books! Now how exciting is that??? I sat next to vampire romance author Kerrlyn Sparks, which was a real honor as well!
I met for the first time, Dominique Raccah, the publisher and CEO for Sourcebooks, the largest woman owned publisher in North America, and who was a lot of fun to be around! And Danielle Jackson, my brilliant Sourcebooks publicist. I spoke as the first time keynote speaker at a conference at the From the Heart Greet and Meet and had a blast! Thanks so much to Carolyn Hughey, our president, for asking me.
And this was my first, first Sourcebooks signing, where interested readers were able to take home free copies of two of my books. Some reviewers were there who plan to give them away free on their blogs! So keep an eye peeled!
I was able to see my wonderful editor, Deb Werksman, who helps me to write the best books ever, and even pitched a couple of books to her in person, for the first time! And this was outside of a Spanish restaurant where I enjoyed a Sourcebooks dinner with Dominique, Deb, and Danielle—again, a first!
So it was an extremely exciting conference for me full of firsts and no other will be quite the same.
Thanks to RWA for putting on a grand conference, despite the hardships of first having it planned for Nashville and with the flooding there, having to move it literally at the last moment to Orlando. It couldn’t have been any better than that for me!
Conference always inspires me to write—so are you ready for more wolves? Hunky Highlanders? Vampires? I sure hope so! I’m definitely ready to write them!
Terry Spear
“Giving new meaning to the term alpha male.”
http://www.terryspear.com/
http://www.terryspear.com/
http://www.wickedlyromantic.blogspot.com/
http://casablancaauthors.blogspot.com/
http://fierceromance.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/terry.spear
http://shapeshifterromance.wordpress.com/2010/01/17/legend-of-the-white-wolf-being-shipped/#comment-4502
http://terry-spear.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sounded Like Fun!
ReplyDeleteApril
april fun showers @gmail.com
It was, April! Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for being a Awesome writer of great books. And sharing all the fun you and your Daughter had in Orlando and pics of the Conference. Keep writing great stories and we will keep reading these stories.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Donna! It was fun, and great memories to cherish always!
ReplyDeleteam reading Destiny of the Wolf-my first book on my new ereader and have To tempt the wolf waiting in the wings....so enjoyed the first book I'd read -Legend of the white wolf. these are great reads!!! Wish I could have made it to the conference, sounds like it was absolutely terrific!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Anonymous! How do you like your new ereader? I balk at trying one because I'm on the computer so much, I love to read a printed book. I'm glad you read the books out of order and still find them great reads! I really believe until Seduced by the Wolf, they work as single titles. And even Seduced is a single title, but it's kind of fun seeing him other situations before it's his book. :) I wish you could have come to the conference. It really was fun. :) And I had a ball meeting everyone!
ReplyDeleteLove my ereader..actually bought the pandigital novel-you can get your email etc on it, and its with barnes and noble..can download from their site. not sure if I could from borders. For the price it's great. I love books but running out of room had to do something, ereader is the answer. Not to say I still won't buy and read an actual book! Thought I was reading out of order but they stand alone so its fine. Looking forward to my next book!
ReplyDeleteOh, that's interesting, Cat. It would be great for trips too, so that you didn't have to pack so much bulk. :) When I write them, I try to make them stand alone as much as I can. I hate reading a series where you HAVE to read them in order or are totally lost! :) Thanks!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! Only drawback on the novel...battery life isn't what some of the others have but then I figure if I didn't have to stop to plug it in I wouldn't get anything else done! Besides, I'm always plugging my laptop in too so what's the difference?? For the price, I couldn't beat it.
ReplyDeleteHow long have you been writing now? And I take it you write under the name of Terry Lee Wilde too?
I've tried to do some writing but at this point don't have the discipline to do it every single day and I've read that's what you really should do. But...I'm currently laid off so maybe my excuse of having a full time job won't hold up anymore??? LOL
Have a great day!!