What does a wolf want for dinner? Well, a willing mate, of course. But to keep up his strength, a good dinner will definitely help.
In Heart of the Wolf, the eating scenes are definitely hot and sexy. Men don’t come to dine without wearing a shirt for dinner. But Devlyn’s a real wolf, so when he’s trying to make a point to Bella, he doesn’t wear the shirt. Or anything else for that matter.

And in To Tempt the Wolf, Tessa finds herself having to prepare multiple meals when she isn’t even hungry! But worse than that, Hunter’s already investigated her pantry to see what she can offer to others she doesn’t want to have over. The food scenes were always fun. In one, there’s a case of a couple of stolen food trays that end up in Hunter’s hospital room, courtesy of his newly turned pack members.
In Seduced by the Wolf, Cassie and Leidolf have to fish for their own food, but it is the catching and playing that makes it so much fun. And when they have a pack gathering to celebrate the return of a couple of their wayward wolves, and to show their appreciation for Cassie being there with them, she has a real show of wills with Leidolf, who crowds her in a protective, macho sort of way.

So here’s one of my favorite meals to feed to hungry wolves, and you never know what might happen after
he enjoys such a great meal!
For Cold Nights and Hot Dates–Mouth Watering Beef Stroganoff
by Terry Spear
4 oz fresh mushrooms
1 large onion
1 1/2 pounds beef round steak
(I use sirloin)
1 c water
1 tablespoon instant beef bouillon granules
1 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
***
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 c water
1 c sour cream
Cut up onion, steak, and mushrooms. Add to 1 c water in large frying pan. Add beef bouillon granules (can substitute 2 beef bouillon cubes) and the rest of the seasonings. Cook until meat, onions and mushrooms are tender.
Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and once it’s a liquid paste, add to the stroganoff mix. Cook over low until the sauce begins to thicken, then add sour cream. Once the sour cream is heated, serve over hot wide, curly noodles.
For a more healthy diet, use whole grain noodles. Also, a 1/4 cup of red wine can be added for a little different taste.
The best thing is it’s quick, a great meal all in one, and leftovers are as delicious as the original meal!
Makes 4 (3/4 cup) servings
If you’ve read one of my books, any of them, what was a favorite food scene for you? And if not, do you think your wolf would like a hot meal for a cold night?
Terry Spear
“Giving new meaning to the term alpha male.”
http://www.terryspear.com/

I enjoyed your post. It is interesting what a reader will pick up on. I guess we all have to eat or in some cases drink.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Victoria! I so agree. And sleep too!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHey Terry. Great to meet you at RWA National Conference. I don't need any free books right now but wanted to say hi. :)
ReplyDeleteLove food scenes. Always interesting to see what characters like for food. Although personally after 4 days at conference with chicken...I'm ready for a bit of red meat.
Ah, that's why everyone was laughing about what they'd serve at the awards dinner!!! I was running around with my daughter at Epcot and Magic Kingdom, so we ate whatever. Although this afternoon when I got home from the trip, all I had to eat was chicken. LOL :) I really enjoyed meeting you at the conference!! You helped to make it really special for me! :) And yes, food scenes can be fun. :) In Heart of the Wolf, they're downright...sexy!
ReplyDeleteI think a wolf would love beef with red wine and musky mushrooms. Or a creamy chicken pot pie with potatoes and peas. Heart of Hunter Stew. Nothing with granola.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget that a murderer is brought to everyone's attention at Thanksgiving dinner in Destiny of the Wolf. Also, in Heart of the Wolf, Bella's neighbor brings over a pie because she's trying to catch Devlyn in the buff. I also like how in Seduced, Leidolf offers Cassie part of his roast because he knew she wanted it, even though she ordered a salad. I love the club/restaruant they ate at too. I'd love to visit a place like that.I like in Legend of the White Wolf, Faith gets their 'dinner' from vending machines so they are not interupted by room service. It's interesting to see the way that food is integrated into stories.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could have made it to Orlando. All those free books I missed out on! Not to mention the chance to cheer for one of my friends who won the Golden Heart. But hey, consoling myself with talk of one of my fave topics -- food! -- is a pretty darn good second, LOL. Cooking can be such an intimate thing -- my DH cooked me beef stroganof on our very first date! Little wonder I married him ;-)Great post, Terry.
ReplyDeleteLOL, Ana...can you imagine them eating peanut butter and jelly?? :) That would totally not be on the menu!
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, Stephanie! I'd totally forgotten about the vending machine scenario! LOL :) You've got to do what you've got to do to! :) And in To Tempt the Wolf, the problem they have when the room service guy isn't who he was supposed to be. They got a lot more than they bargained for!
Hey, Maree, glad to see you here, even if you didn't make it to Orlando! I totally love that your DH cooked beef stroganoff for you. He HAS to be a wolf at heart. He sounds just like one of mine! :) And I love true romance stories like yours!!! :) Thanks for sharing!
I'm not a foodie so I fear I may have the same problem you used to have with no eating in the book. Hmmmm...something to think about. Hope you had a great time in Orlando.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Carly! I did. Son's wedding was great and then the conference and Disney stuff was terrific. I don't look forward to paying the bills though!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Terry. Your post made me think about my own work and somehow I have actually worked food into all of my stories, which is really funny. Every single one of them contains a food scene! So obviously, we know where my mind wanders off to...
ReplyDeleteLOL, Jordan, that's too funny!!! I think of action and adventure, so food isn't my priority. But when I make it my priority for a scene, I have so much fun with it! :)
ReplyDeleteI like food and drink brought into the books. It makes it always seem more real.
ReplyDeleteAnd I was licking my lips in Seduced by the Wolf as Stephanie mentioned: In the Forest Club :Leidolf enjoyed Cassie Savor everybite of the beef tenderloin as if it was the first good meal in ages.
And after reading this book. I'd eat anything from that Wolfs hand.
LOL, Donna. At conference all they fed everyone was chicken. I wanted to eat a steak when I got home, but all I had in my freezer was...chicken! Thanks!!! And too funny about eating anything from his hand!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI personally just love all your books and the food scenes you put in them but I do love the food scene when Devlyn comes in to eat with like nothing on. That was pretty sexy. ;]
ReplyDeleteI loved this post, it was pretty interesting to read!
LOL, Katrina. Uhm, yes...it was all Bella's fault, really. She said he couldn't come to dinner half dressed. :) I'm thrilled you're loving the books!! :)
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about the food at your conference. I'm sure chicken is cheaper and that's why they served it, but it was a paranormal convention. We all know, or at least have read, that werewolves and the vamps that do eat prefer beef, and the bloodier the better. I'm sure steak would have been difficult because people like it cooked differently, but they could have thrown in some prime rib for the finale. Maybe paranormal romance writers aren't supposed to like the food they feed their characters. lol
ReplyDeleteToo funny, Stephanie! I so agree!!! I was having fits (not that I've got vampire blood or werewolf lineage), but red meat sure has appealed!!!
ReplyDeleteOne of my more favorite scenes is when Chrissie brings over the pie, obviously horny as hell and fustrated she doesn't have a chance in hell and Devlyn taunts her in front of Bella. Definately a Wicked Wolf.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Katrina Nutt! She is the winner of Aug 1st's contest! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for everyone dropping by. The contests are ongoing for the rest of the month so if you don't win at one, check out another! Thanks!
Whoa! I won!? :D Thank you so much, Terry Spear. hehe
ReplyDeleteMy mom mentioned I should leave my email, so you can contact me.
kitkatwithnuts (at) yahoo (dot) com
You're welcome, Katrina! I emailed you! Thanks to everyone who dropped by!
ReplyDeleteI, too, appreciate food and drink in scenes. I agree that it not only adds realism to the story but provides a springboard for sexual tension and seduction.
ReplyDeleteI so agree, Vonnie!!! They can really add to a scene!
ReplyDelete