Tara’s books at Siren Publishing
I started writing Island of Three two years ago while reminiscing about some of the canoe camping trips I used to go on. We’d point our old red fiberglass boat that weighed a ton toward some distant shore and started paddling. Often we would stop off on one of the tiny rocky islands that can be found on most of the northern lakes on the Canadian Shield. It is a breath taking area, and certainly a romantic destination to entertain two gorgeous hunks.
Ironically, a few days ago I was out canoeing with my husband and my son. Although there were dark clouds on the horizon, the lake was smooth as glass. We paddled far on a twisting water path, around cattails and sandy banks, taking turns pointing to a flock of pelicans, the odd Grebe, or an oversized dragonfly. Before long those dark clouds had closed in and thunder rumbled in the distance. Weather in my part of the world is fast changing and unpredictable, so we turned around, (stopping to rescue a dragonfly from certain death in the process), and thank goodness we did. By the time we hoisted the canoe back onto the car rain started pelting us. We pulled out on to the highway, and because we don’t have roofracks, rain started to seep along the straps poking through each window. The wind blew hard and it started to hail. Soon we had to pull off to adjust the canoe and straps, and then we could only travel along the shoulder with our hazards on. By the time we reached home we were thoroughly soaked but laughing and still in good spirits.
I was reminded of the story I had just finished editing, thinking the timing couldn’t be more perfect.
Just a reminder, I will be giving away a copy of Island of Three to one person who comments during my guest blog visit to Seriously Reviewed. I will announce the winner on Sept 11th, 2010.
[Erotic Contemporary Ménage a Trois Romance, M/F/M, Public Exhibition, light bondage]
Tired of her workaholic lifestyle, Adele Roy enrolls herself in a wilderness adventure trip, only to be stranded on an island with two gorgeous strangers. With only basic survival to worry about, these three strangers find ways to fill up the long quiet evenings in a crowded shelter.
I just came back from a trip of my own to the coast, which of course everything there was just so beautiful. I hated to have to leave and come back to work:( Rain starting pelting us the day we left to come back home, otherwise the rest of our stay was gorgeous. I'm glad to see you had a good time on your trip as well:)
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear you had a good vacation. Yes, ours was fun and 'unpredictable', some of the best times. ;)
ReplyDeleteRE: [Erotic Contemporary Ménage a Trois Romance, M/F/M, Public Exhibition, light bondage]...
ReplyDeleteUm... yeah.... don't bother to enter me for the contest, I'm too impatient! I'm heading over to Siren with my credit card! :-)
Fiona :-)
Those make the best vacations or day aways, and even better that it got the creative juices flowing and produced a book.
ReplyDeleteSounds great, Tara!
LOL Fiona!
ReplyDeleteAnd, yes, I agree Abby, and I love that I can tweak it to suit.
AH "LADY AQUARIUS " True to life adventure queen whether canoeing or writing EROTICA " TO LIVE IS A GREAT ADVENTURE " sayeth peter pan (From movie "HOOK" ) Jose Luis
ReplyDelete