A love of Story telling
I have participated in many interviews, and one of the main questions asked is Why do you write? My answer to that is because stories just keep popping in to my head. It isn’t always a complete story, most often it is just part of a story, and I have to wait to hear the rest of it.
What I love, though, is putting that story together, making it work so others can enjoy it. I’m not an expert writer, by any standards, lol, but I really just get a rush from each and every idea. It is what brings me joy, what makes me feel proud, and what lets me participate in the social community that is the writing world.
Some of my favorite story tellers are F. Scott Fitzgerald, Harper Lee, Charles Dickens, Barbara Pierce, and Garth Nix. I aspire to be as good as they are.
That said, thanks to all those who have read and enjoyed my work! Without you, I might have lost another important part to writing, having someone to show it to!
If you’d like to stay up to date on my contests and announcements, please consider joining my freewebs membership at http://tarasnichols.webs.com, or following my blog posts at myspace: www.myspace.com/tarasnichols, following my blogspot at: http://tarasnichols.blogspot.com, or request friendship on my goodreads profile. I also post on facebook, both on my fan page and my main profile. I LOVE to talk to fellow book aficionados!
A great big thanks goes out to Seriously Reviewed for hosting me, and for putting up with all of my initial questions. You’ve been kind, patient, and courteous!
Tara S. Nichols
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have a winner for a copy of Island of Three.
ReplyDeleteThe name that I pulled from the hat is Savanna Kougar. I'll try to email you to share the news.