Books to come, or, my goals for books to come
I am a compulsive goal maker when it comes to my writing and my ambitions. In fact, it might be the only organized thing about me. The rest of my life is as freelance as it comes. But I like to know where I’m headed, what story I hope to finish next, what publisher I’m going to send it to, and when I plan to ship it off.
Most often I break my own rules, and my list starts to resemble a football game plan; arrows pointing up, things circled and redirected, numbers added, scratched out, and the whole line up shuffled again.
Not only do I make a goal list, I make dozens of them. It’s sort of fun to come across an old one and laugh at what I have, or more likely, have not finished.
I once compared my writing to a horse race, each story in competition with the others to reach the finish line, and it’s anybody’s guess as to who will win. (If you want to read that blog you can find it here: http://www.romancingtheblog.com/blog/2009/06/15/to-the-finish/)
Anyway, how it currently stands is:
1.) I want, I really, really want to finish Tess’ Trio, the follow up story to my ménage amour at Siren Publishing titled Claiming Cullen. This was a different story for me, (one woman and five guys) but one of my best sellers. My new approach with some of the characters of Claiming Cullen, is to go further into my character’s lives and explain a little as to why one woman would want to bed five men. This is far from a psychological evaluation of course. Tess’ serious relationship with her two live in partners, Rael and Cullen is in turmoil, her career is on the rocks and her father has just reentered her life and meddled horribly. Throw in an extra man, and you’ve got drama, kinky drama.
Here’s a brief blurb from what I posted on Goodreads:
Erotica * m/f/m, m/m, m/m/f/m
Tess feels like a third wheel. Cullen and Rael are spending a lot more time together, and she just doesn't get their inside jokes. To make matters worse, her 30th birthday is right around the corner, and her father, the General himself, shows up at their door, uninvited.
He doesn't much approve of the way Tess lives her life, and tries to throw a wrench into their smooth operation.
Tess doesn't much approve of the way her dad lives his life either, but can she stay strong at the moment when she is feeling the most vulnerable, especially after she learns Gilles, her childhood crush is her father's Ace in the hole?
2.) Through the Forlorn Darkness - This will be the follow up story to Awakening the Blood, my erotic vampire novella available at Amira Press in e book format and now bound in print in the Wings Series. This story will pick up with Meara and D’iamonte as they outrun paranormal villains and try to uncover Meara’s past.
3.) A collection of erotic stories under one theme. (Ssh, it’s a secret)
4.) I always have short, anthology length stories on the go, ever ready for that anthology call. I love writing quickies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You've got alot of goals set for yourself. I'm sure with your attitude it's nothing you can't achieve:) Every goal you achieve will most likely result in a benefit to us readers.
ReplyDeleteyadkny@hotmail.com