To Purchase
Kiara Jordan is a sophisticated modernista, but beneath an engaging personality and super-model looks, her heart hungers, and she longs for deeper meaning in her life.
Ken Lucerne is the charismatic young pastor of Woodland Church; he's adjusting to life as a widower and copes by keeping as busy as possible with his parish and missionary work.
A home-building mission in Pennsylvania brings them together, and forces them to look hard and deep at the relationship they share, and where God means for it to go. Already bound by mutual respect and caring, love dawns, a love that takes them to a life-point neither would have expected.
After all, can a chic, vivacious woman find fulfillment within the quiet, mission-centered life of a clergyman? Can they trust God's hand strongly enough to surrender their hearts to one another...forever?
Excerpt:
In an unexpected, graceful motion, Ken caught her swing by the chains. He held her in place, suspended backward, with nothing but a cushion of air between them. All at once Kiara went dizzy and hyper-focused, tempted once more by that full, supple mouth, and the satiny-looking fall of his thick brown hair as he leaned over her. He was close enough to touch. In this moment, she wanted nothing more than to do just that.
“Some time, at some point, I’d like to hear more about that, Kiara. I’d like very much to know how you became the woman you are.”
She looked at him steadily. “I’d bore you to tears. It’s nothing extraordinary.”
“All present evidence to the contrary.” He set her gliding once again and Kiara’s stomach performed a sparkling fall-away. She delighted in his words but forced herself to brush them aside before they could take root and sway her into believing he saw richness to her spirit. After all, it was part of Ken’s persona to be gracious and encouraging.
But he continued, and those arguments splintered to shards when he said, “You're moving forward in directions that are not only admirable, but eye-opening—not just for you, most likely, but to everyone who's part of your life—don't hold to what other people see, or expect of you. Be who you are. And while you're at it, create the best version of yourself you can imagine. The only question, with the only relevance that matters, is this, Kiara: Who are you now?”
Discussion Question
At the start of Hearts Surrender, Kiara does battle with temptation. She's been offered a deluxe trip to Europe that might fulfil a seductive fantasy with her boyfriend, but sell-out her soul. When have you been confronted by a temptation, or a life circumstance, that required doing battle with the good and bad elements of your life, and faith walk? How did you resolve it?

Heart's Surrender is a beautiful story of love, hope, and redemption. I cannot say enough about Marianne Evans' wonderful talent. She is an amazing author, and you won't want to miss Heart's Surrender.
ReplyDeleteHi Marianne,
ReplyDeleteI like the characters just from reading the excerpt. Sounds great!
Wendy
www.wendydavy.com
In answer to your question, I take hold of God's promise in Phil 2:13, that He's at work in us both to will and to do, and ask Him to start working on my willingness to do things His way.
ReplyDeleteGood morning, gang! How wonderful to be featured at Seriously Reviewed - I'm *seriously* honored. :-) Hearts Surrender was such a joy to write. As I waited on the contest results for Hearts Crossing (PTL it won!!), Ken and Kiara didn't just 'speak' to me - they pretty much shouted their story, and it had to be told....even though, at the time, I had no idea what would haappen with Hearts Crossing! I couldn't *not* write their story - and I'm very excited about Hearts Communion and Hearts Key - the next installments of the Woodland Series! Thanks so much for the support!
ReplyDeleteIt's a charming story : )
ReplyDeleteMary, from an author of your calibre, that is very high praise indeed - I'm blushing - and so grateful for your kindness! THANK YOU! God bless!
ReplyDeleteDana, what a great comment - and so very true. I've been asked in interviews what the "take away" is from Hearts Surrender, and my answer is this: Always dive beneath the surface of your most important relationships; find the deeper meaning, the God-given purpose of why people are, and remain, a part of your life.
ReplyDeleteWendy and Robin, you're both such treasured Roses! :-) Thanks so much for your kindness and support!
ReplyDeleteWhat I love most about Marianne's writing is her characters and her sense of place. I love the Woodland's church setting and how the scenes appeal to all the senses, sight, smell, touch .... I can't imagine her characters anyplace else!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a beautiful story, Marianne. I can't wait to read them all.
ReplyDeleteTanya, I'm honored to share shelf space with such talented White Rose authors as you - thank you so much for the beautiful compliment! It means a lot to me!
ReplyDeleteDebby, thank you! I can't wait until book 3, Hearts Communion, is released! It's an autumn into Christmas story that's in edits right now - we're aiming for a late 2011 release. This series has been such a blessing to me, as a Christian, an author, and as a person. I've loved it!
ReplyDeleteOh, Marianne,
ReplyDeleteYour news of a third installment in the Hearts Crossing Series has made my day! I can't wait to get my hands on it:)
Hi Marianne, I so love this story, and Hearts Crossing. To say you're my White Rose guru is an understatement! I cannot wait for Hearts Communion and Hearts Key.
ReplyDeleteSorry to take so long getting here today. Child care day with my little grandson. xoxox
God bless!
Wonders why this post hasn't shown up til now? Oh well, better late than never :)
ReplyDeleteI really loved this story. Can't wait til the next one comes out.
I'm reading it...loving it so far! Trying to read while fitting in visits with a dozen different family members is difficult though. LOL (I'm on vacation in California.) But I love the direction the story is taking, and I have no doubt I'm going to love the entire book. Not that I'm surprised, after reading Heart's Crossing... :)
ReplyDeleteMary, thanks!!! I'm uber excited as well! White Rose Publishing is so awesome.
ReplyDeleteTanya, you're a huge blessing in my life as well - your support and encouragement means the world. Truly. God bless - and enjoy the grand-baby!!!
ReplyDeleteClare, your review at Happily Ever After made me glow! Thank you so much - and I only hope you enjoy the rest of the series as well!! God bless.
ReplyDeleteDelia, enjoy the time with your family, and the joy of the holidays!! I'm so grateful you're taking the time to read Hearts Surrender - you are a wonderful part of my publishing 'home' and as one who greatly admires your writing skill - I appreciate the compliment!
ReplyDelete