I assume when people hear of Australia their minds wander off to beautiful beaches, sunshine, surfing and maybe even the Great Barrier Reef! Yes, I understand, that was what I always dreamt of before moving here ... only to find out there's a different side to this vast country.
I live near Melbourne, and yes we have beaches, and yes we have the surf and the sunshine, but mainly during summer to enjoy. It's more like the European climate here. And yes it can get cold in Winter. Our Winter! And then one year I went even further south, even colder: Tasmania - the tiny isle just south of Australia. Okay, fair enough, it's a large island and comparable to the size of Scotland or West Virginia. Tassie’s got beaches, mountains, history, adventure AND ghosts! As they say, the rest is history - I wanted to include this beautiful spot in my next story. And what goes along better with dreams than Ireland? It was the obvious choice for the other side of the world, because most of all I love it. Anything Irish! But it also made sense, because the Irish have Shamrocks, Leprechauns, Lucky Charms, Fairies and so much more.
So I would like to take you on this journey. This journey about a dream, which takes a young Tassie girl to Ireland. Yet it's not only about Hollie's literal dream, but also about the dreams we all have in life, the dream we're living or we would like to live. It's about the dreams we talk about, but we won't do anything about, because life seems to be too demanding. Or sometimes just the "daydreaming" after reading a really nice story! That's what I like most. And the dream to meet "Mr Perfect", apologies, of course "Mrs Perfect" as well. Only sometimes to let go of the dream that "Mr Perfect" is indeed perfect, but doesn't quite look like the "man of our dreams", you know, the don't-judge-a-book-by-its-cover idea.
So do you fancy some dreaming?
Would you travel around the world to uncover the reason for your dreams?
Hollie Anderson does.
A young woman from Tasmania who lives on a farm just outside Launceston, she has got good looks, likes her job and loves to hang out with her friends. She should be happy, right?
But it’s a recurrent dream that throws her daily life into chaos and takes her on a journey to Ireland. While on her quest for answers she meets Sam in Dublin under unusual circumstances and both women, so different in many ways, find out they have one thing in common - and it changes their lives forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've seen info aboout your book all over the place, Iris, and am as intrigued by it today as i was when I read the blurb the first time. Oddly enough I'm blogging about wishes/dreams today, too over at http://carolineclemmons.blogspot.com/2012/02/sherry-gloag-wishes-and-dreams.html
ReplyDeleteYour book is steadly climbing up my tbr 'pile' :-)
Thank you Sherry. I'd better come over and have a read of your post ...
DeleteThis sounds like a great story! I'm a big believer in following dreams, although I don't know that I'd travel around the world because overseas flights scare me :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Jennifer. Flying is not all that bad, once you're "up there" you don't even notice it anymore :-) You should give it a try :-)
DeleteI dream all the time. I think that's what writers do. Our stories might be based on fact, but it's the dreams, the "What if"s that make them our own. Happy dreaming, Iris!
ReplyDeleteThanks Patty. Yes "Dreams" are a big part of my life and I do believe in them.
DeletePEOPLE LIVE ON TASMANIA??? Here I thought it was just for the Tasmanian devil, a la Looney Tunes. LOL!! Just kidding! Your book is on my TBR pile. :-D Great post! It's like Australia -- watching those hopping kangaroos and grilling shrimp on the barbie. ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat's what we're gonna do today, meg. Put the shrimps on the barbie and watch the roos hop by ... LOL ...
DeleteThanks for stopping by and yes, Tassie people are a wonderful bunch. Can't wait to go over there in April!
Great blog Iris! One of my dreams is visiting Australia!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lisa! Hold on to that dream. It might just come true one day. See, it did come true for me :-)
DeleteI'd love to visit Ireland someday ... along with Great Britain and the rest of the British Isles.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great plot / premise in your book.
Thanks Jeff.
DeleteIreland is my favourite place, next to Australia of course. It's beautiful. And full of mystery, luck, charm and even fairies ;-)
Following ones dreams is important, even if it's to go visit the next town or another country. As authors we have all followed our dream to see our words in print, in one form or another. Just imagine if we didn't dream, there'd be no books to share so others can dream
ReplyDeleteThanks Lindsay. Well said ! Yes, we do have to have dreams and teach our children to dream as well!
ReplyDeleteAny book that carries my on a journey to places I may never see, gets my vote and your character always spark my interest!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Leah. I agree with you wholeheartedly .... that's why I'm currently reading a wonderful book called "Sacred ring" ;-)
ReplyDelete