Monday, February 13, 2012
Meg Mims
Hey all! Thanks for having me today. I’m stopping in to talk about Valentine’s Day – which is tomorrow. To me the holiday is all about the color red. Roses, hearts, candy, cards – all pointing to *love* of course!
Some of my loves (besides my husband, daughter and pets) are dark chocolates (with or without nuts or caramel) in a red, heart-shaped box, rich and moist red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, and red or pink frosted and sprinkled buttery shortbread cookies. And the Detroit Red Wings! Er, well—I guess if you don’t like hockey… I confess I’m a Wing Nut.
My Valentine’s Day romance novella, The Key to Love, has a “red” theme (I hadn’t realized how many red things I put in until I finished writing! A hot red car, red leather jacket, red roses, etc.) and centers around a missing key.
Here’s a brief description of the book from the back cover:
Artist Jennette Jacobson clashes with a handsome visitor at a gallery show. He claims that artwork is just “more junk to dust.” Ouch. When she finds a small metal object on the floor, she uses it later in a new collage.
Her world soon crumbles with family problems and a friend’s betrayal. And wouldn’t you know that the same hunky guy claims he lost an important key the night of the show! When Steve Harmon offers to buy Jenn’s work, she refuses to sell. He’ll just trash it to free his precious key.
Or is it possible that key will unlock her future happiness?
Intrigued? Click here for the Amazon link, and check out the excerpt from The Key to Love on my blog.
I’m on Twitter, Facebook and Goodreads – come say hello. And Happy Valentine’s Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I read The Key to Love and I really enjoyed it. Meg Mims really knows her craft.
ReplyDeleteRed is one of my favorite colors, too! Key to Love sounds like a fun story. I can't wait to read it!
ReplyDeleteAwww, thanks, youse guys! Er, ladies. I enjoyed writing it too!
ReplyDeleteAny kind of chocolate but without nuts. I'm crazy enough. I can't wait to read the book
ReplyDeleteI've always loved the colour red because it is such a 'cheerful' colour. Key to Love is on my tbr 'pile'.
ReplyDeleteLoved your list of 'loves' :-)
@Lindsay - nuts add that crunch I love! @Sherry - red is not so great when you're on a diet. Which is why I am craving chocolate today and probably tomorrow too. ;-)
ReplyDeleteLoved Key to Love, Meg!
ReplyDeleteOh Meg I feel so unromantic ... don't like chocolate, don't like red and roses aren't my favourites either .... LOL .... I love the blurb of your book though and i've added it to the TBR list!
ReplyDelete